Happening this week...

30 Aug 2009 - vs Blacks FC (2.30pm @ Balestier ITE)
-

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Players sweat it out at special 'Celebration Match'

Abu Bin Power
Correspondent, SFC News
19 May 2009
-

Above: Rid's "secret" weapon?

Stretford FC players, staff and fans paid tribute to Manchester United’s recent Barclays Premier League triumph last Sunday as they squared off in a friendly 'Celebration Match' at Eastview Secondary School.

The final score and goals were secondary as a mixture of both Stretford and ManUtdsg members took to the field for this encounter. The match was also to be a training match for the Enders after it was announced that arrangements are in place for a match against fierce rivals, Chelseasg, in June.

Stretford FC would also have been delighted with the sight of a fit again Ridhuan making a 45-minute return to action on the right back berth. After a failed return to training and months out from the squad, Ridhuan looks to have finally shaken off his hamstring injury and it only remains to be seen if the pacy right-sided player can regain full fitness in the weeks to come.

“Initially, I felt a slight tightness again in my hamstring after making a sprint. That gave me a scare.” said the Bedok-born defender.

“But after a good few minutes settling in, I began to get into the groove of things. I still feel it must be the ‘Tongkat Ali’ I took the night before though!” added Ridhuan in a statement that may spark off new endorsement rumours.

Stretford players were also in appreciation for ManUtdsg’s turnout of players last Sunday – as echoed by the normally quiet central midfielder, Yeo Chang Yao.

“Nice.” were Yeo’s words when asked about the turnout for the match despite the scorching weather.

Photos from the testimonial match will be released shortly.

A big thank you to ManUtdsg members once again for coming down last Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete